Thanks for hanging with us! We’re right here with weblog 3 from our mini collection on the 7 Habits of Extremely Efficient Folks! Should you didn’t see the primary two but– be sure you take a look at these earlier posts! So let’s discover behavior 3!
Most individuals today have HUGE to-do lists. It could possibly really feel paralyzing, particularly to creatives! Not all actions that find yourself on our “to-dos” really transfer us nearer to our success. Figuring out the KEY actions that it is advisable concentrate on first is VITAL to discovering success in ANY trade.
So how do you differentiate your duties? How do you set-up your day to have success right here? It is advisable to study the phrase “no” and when to make use of it.
There are essential and non-important duties and pressing and non-urgent duties. It is advisable to construction your day to incorporate sufficient time engaged on issues that aren’t pressing however ARE essential. Should you don’t put aside time for these duties, it’s straightforward to get caught within the worldwind of smaller issues that hold you busy however don’t transfer you in the direction of your targets. To do that, it is advisable be continually eager about what YOU have to do, what you’ll be able to DELEGATE, what you’ll be able to AUTOMATE and what you’ll be able to say NO to. With that in thoughts, it is advisable schedule your week to get every thing achieved. Don’t anticipate to FIND the time. Put the time within the calendar. Should you by no means work on the massive image, you’ll be able to’t ever anticipate to realize your massive desires. If meaning saying no or asking another person to do it– it is advisable! In any other case, you’re simply coasting by reacting to issues as a substitute of taking motion in the direction of your targets.
So listed below are a couple of ideas for you for level quantity 3!
- Create a weekly schedule that outlines your each day actions. Block out time for submitting for auditions and doing trade analysis. Create your weekly schedule on Sunday night time or Monday morning and cling to it as intently as you’ll be able to. The extra you apply your scheduling, the simpler it will likely be to put aside the right period of time to get your duties achieved.
- Do your MOST IMPORTANT WORK FIRST. Sort out the self-tapes, the audition submissions and your essential relationship constructing duties earlier than you hop on the household e mail string, do the load of laundry or open social media. You’ll really feel extra management over your day if you may make time to do that frequently.
- Discover what you’re doing that’s getting you constructive outcomes in your life. Prioritize these issues!
- Ask your self these questions when scheduling your duties: 1) Is it essential? 2) Do I would like to do that now? 3) Can another person do that? 4) Can I automate this for the long run? 5) Does this transfer me nearer to my desires? 6) Is the end result of this motion essential to my profession and/or private targets?
- TIME BLOCKING! I’m a BIG fan of this methodology! Typically once we give ourselves mini deadlines we transfer sooner. When you have all day to do an merchandise, you’ll take all day. Should you give your self a timeline, you’ll work to do it inside that time-frame. Tighten your deadlines on particular person duties and watch the way it adjustments your productiveness.
Be happy to remark under on any motion steps these ideas encourage for you and we’ll get busy prepping behavior #4!
Want a neighborhood that can assist you keep on the suitable path? Try our ACTORS CONNECTING membership group on fb! CLICK HERE to affix the group on your free trial!
Colleen Finnegan Kahl is an achieved Theatre Arts Educator, creator of this text, and President of Actors Connection. Colleen is an skilled serving to aspiring actors put together for casting calls, discover an agent, and optimize their appearing coaching for theater and tv.